StarPort (iSCSI) and WinPE (VistaPE) ?

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

CP1

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Hiya,
I am trying to create a VistaPE CD (Using WinBuilder) with Ghost and an iSCSI initiator on it to be used for data migration (ghosting from local disk to SAN LUN). I have created the CD ok with Ghost on it but I can't seem to get StarPort working (Installs but won't load the driver).

This is the first test I have done as I wasn't even sure if its possible. I kno that there was a plugin for the Bart PE disk and so I started here.

So... Does anyone know if it is possible to do this and if so how ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Should work fine unless Vista is 64-bit. We don't sign the driver yet so it would not load under Vista64. Works fine under other OSes however.
CP1 wrote:Hiya,
I am trying to create a VistaPE CD (Using WinBuilder) with Ghost and an iSCSI initiator on it to be used for data migration (ghosting from local disk to SAN LUN). I have created the CD ok with Ghost on it but I can't seem to get StarPort working (Installs but won't load the driver).

This is the first test I have done as I wasn't even sure if its possible. I kno that there was a plugin for the Bart PE disk and so I started here.

So... Does anyone know if it is possible to do this and if so how ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed May 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Update (got a link with a question). Of course we do sign the driver now and everything up to Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012 *DOES* work :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software