The format did not complete successfully

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

joshjacoby

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:16 pm

I am using StarWind as an iSCSI target and StarPort as initiator on Windows 2003 server. I connect fine and see the drive in disk management but when I attempt to format the drive it goes for a while (counting % done) then will pop up an error "the format did not complete successfully".

The iSCSI drive is 120 GB. I saw a prior reference to conflict with Adaptec and disabled the Adaptec SCSI device but same result. Microsoft iSCSI initiator also has same problem. Any ideas?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:00 pm

If MS iSCSI initiator has the same problems - try play with installing/uninstalling different storage related software on your machine (like Veritas/Symantec/Roxio etc). It's all neither StarPort nor MS iSCSI initiator problem... Also please send us StarWind log. Thanks!
joshjacoby wrote:I am using StarWind as an iSCSI target and StarPort as initiator on Windows 2003 server. I connect fine and see the drive in disk management but when I attempt to format the drive it goes for a while (counting % done) then will pop up an error "the format did not complete successfully".

The iSCSI drive is 120 GB. I saw a prior reference to conflict with Adaptec and disabled the Adaptec SCSI device but same result. Microsoft iSCSI initiator also has same problem. Any ideas?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software