Proxmox Upgrade Controller VM to new Debian Controller VM 20260918

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version
yaroslav (staff)
Staff
Posts: 4485
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 am

Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:45 pm

CombFiltered wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:17 pm
yaroslav (staff) wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:06 pm
Well, bare-metal is a problem if there is no way connecting a new dist that will serve as an OS disk.
Bare metal will require OS reinstallation and running full sync/data migration.
CVM update is straightforward, I can guide you here if needed :) let me know the hypervisor you use.
What's involved in the "full sync/data migration" for a single node? Is there a process for that? Or am I at backup data, install new OS, restore data from backup?
Do you mean CVM or bare-metal?
Bare metal update (if you cannot add a new disk) is pretty much the OS reinstallation. I'd suggest waiting for the procedure.
Post Reply