Certificate based IPSec support

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

n00dles

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:13 am

Product looks really good :-). I was wondering if you had any plans to include a certificate based IPSec option instead of just pre-shared key. I know the MS initiator only has PSK as well, but I guess that would be even more reason for you to add it to your product - I'd happily buy StarPort if it had this functionality, but without it I'll just use the free MS initiator.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:21 am

You're the only one who had requested such a feature so far. So unless you're about to purchase 1,000+ StarPort licenses you have very low chances to see this thing done (unfortunately it's not 2 lines of code and 10 minutes to implement).
n00dles wrote:Product looks really good :-). I was wondering if you had any plans to include a certificate based IPSec option instead of just pre-shared key. I know the MS initiator only has PSK as well, but I guess that would be even more reason for you to add it to your product - I'd happily buy StarPort if it had this functionality, but without it I'll just use the free MS initiator.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Since it's a StarPort question I've moved it to StarPort forum and locked it here.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software