VTL Free edition

StarWind VTL, VTL Free, VTL Appliance

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jamesh

Mon May 11, 2020 7:01 pm

I was able to get the VTL software installed and configured, but noticed during the initial deployment that the tape drives are being saved to the local C drive and not the storage volume I wanted.

I'm still new to this, but using PowerShell how do I remove all the current tapes and recreate them to be pointed at the proper volume or maybe even better how do I remove the targetvtl1 that was created while using the sample PowerShell script so I can start over and point it to the right place?

Thank you ahead of time
jamesh

Tue May 12, 2020 2:08 am

I did finally figure this out so no need for assistance.
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Tue May 12, 2020 3:52 am

jamesh,

Happy to know that VTL is working as you want it.
Foxbat_25

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 pm

And could you please tell how you managed to do that? I'd like to do the same thing and can't figure out how... now that I know it's possible, on one hand, I'm glad because what I want to do is possible, but on the other hand, it means I can't find my way around in VTL :oops:
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:54 pm

Foxbat_25,

Click at the server > Configuration > Advanced Settings > Modify > Storage pool
metrobg

Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Great to hear that you were able to overcome your issue using the GUI, but what about those of us using the FREE version with only Power Shell management? I find that the lack of documentation supporting the use of Power Shell scripts very disappointing. There have been many requests on this forum dating back to 2017 asking for comprehensive documentation on using Power Shell for full management of the software and still nothing! I understand that it's a free product but the documentation should still be complete.
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi, thank you for your request. Are you requesting the guides of how to fine tune the scripts?
The thing is that each setup is individual and we cannot predict various scenarios in a single script. That's why they are considered samles so you are welcome to fine-tune them to your needs.
Are you having troubles with some specific script? I will be glad to assist you if I have specific questions about the scripts.