iscsi initiator. reconnecting

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

theruck

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:00 am

Hello i just tried your iscsi initiator on windows 2008r2 for connecting to target a Thecus nas 4100 PRO which works fin with Microsoft iSCSI initiator. Your initiator says "reconnecting" all the time in the management console and the disk is being disconnected. Is there anything i missed when configuring it or what do i have to do to troubleshoot the cause?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:05 pm

Some compatibility issue with iSCSI implementation could be the case... For you I'd suggest to stick with working MSFT iSCSI initiator and abandon our one :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

theruck

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 pm

you mean on the Thecus NAS side?
how is it with your iscsi initiator? does it have to be the only initiator installed on the windows server or can it coexist with the MS iSCSI initiator? started or stopped?
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I`m pretty sure that Anton meant to uninstall StarPort from everywhere and stick with MS iSCSI initiator for production. StarWind iSCSI initiator is a legacy software we keep AS IS. It's not supported for production with neither StarWind nor Microsoft.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com