Starwind VSA Preview Edition License

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

dfitch01

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Hello,
I recently downloaded the Starwind VSA Preview Edition and my license expired shortly after I started evaluating it (and long before it had reached the end of the 120-day evaluation period). My StarWind rep told me the only way to get a new license was to post on this board. Is it possible to get another license so I can continue evaluating the product?

Thanks!
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:09 am

Hi.
I have sent you the license.
FYI, current version of VSA has some performance problems (http://www.starwindsoftware.com/forums/ ... t2510.html) and it will be fixed in one of the next versions based on 5.8/6.0 core.
markmyers7

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:58 am

I downloaded beta vsa and installed it. the licence is expired. can someone advise me on how to resolve this. I am very intrested in this product and was disappointed after getting all steps completed only to have a warning the licence is expired .... :cry:

Thankyou
Mark
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Drop a message to support@starwindsoftware.com and guys will be happy to issue you with a new evaluation key. This software is in beta so don't expect it being evergreen b/c of the obvious reasons.
markmyers7 wrote:I downloaded beta vsa and installed it. the licence is expired. can someone advise me on how to resolve this. I am very intrested in this product and was disappointed after getting all steps completed only to have a warning the licence is expired .... :cry:

Thankyou
Mark
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

gb212

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Has this product been discontinued?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 pm

We've never released it as a paid one. Right now after we'll update Native SAN for Hyper-V (synchronize it with V5.8 core), update core product with iSCSI boot add-ons and tape redirector functionaloty we'll re-publish VSA as a free product.
gb212 wrote:Has this product been discontinued?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

gb212

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know, I just heard that it was no longer being developed. I'll keep an eye out and sign up for it when it's republished. Thanks again.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm

There's indeed a pause in development as we need to shift focus on core product. But we'll catch up as soon as we'll have cloud gateway interface ready.
gb212 wrote:Thanks for the reply. That's good to know, I just heard that it was no longer being developed. I'll keep an eye out and sign up for it when it's republished. Thanks again.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:01 pm

V8 Beta with NAS Configurator and VSA/vSAN Builder is out. Give it a try.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev