Feature Request

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jjcrandall

Sun May 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Just a couple things i've been noticing that add to time to testing (Let me know if i'm nuts btw.)
Couple things that would be nice:

Ability to change clustering setting on Target after creation (from single initiator to multiple)
Change cache mode & size on device after creation
Change operation mode on CDP device - Like transitioning from growing - Thin provisioned to Auto Restored snapshot.
number of kept snapshots
frequency of snapshots

They may not be little things to accomplish on the development side, and I guess in a big environment, it's unwise to modify some of those settings, but in our sandbox & lab environments and in beta testing, it's really nice to create a disk with a bunch of data on it, and them switch back and forth between settings to test performance & features.
jjcrandall

Mon May 21, 2012 3:13 am

Looks like some of this is possible by recreating the device or target with the same name, but for some reason it feels like i'm rebuilding from scratch.
Alex (staff)
Staff

Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Thank you for suggestion! We will be adding these features one-by-one. I am not sure it will be with the next release, but we will add these.
Best regards,
Alexey.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon May 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Funny, but ALL of them are on the "watch list" :) Cache management fill be the first one probably in mid-Summer.
jjcrandall wrote:

Ability to change clustering setting on Target after creation (from single initiator to multiple)
Change cache mode & size on device after creation
Change operation mode on CDP device - Like transitioning from growing - Thin provisioned to Auto Restored snapshot.
number of kept snapshots
frequency of snapshots

Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software