Version 6 beta?

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

lohelle

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Do you have an ETA on the beta for version 6?

Any features in this release you can reveal? :) (ssd for cache etc)
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:49 pm

By the end of the month.
- 3 Nodes HA
- Replication for Deduplication
Aitor_Ibarra

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Wow!

Can you expand a bit?

3 nodes HA - is that just like the current 2 node HA, but with a 3rd node, or is it handled differently (e.g. 2 node HA with async mirror to 3rd node?).

replication for deduplication - by replication you mean full 2 node HA for deduped targets?

I will save some RAM...

Also, now that Windows Server 8 beta is out, will you be looking for people to beta test how well it works with Starwind? (both as an initiator and a host OS). Will Starwind targets stored on the new file system offer any resiliency improvements compared with NTFS?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I can!

Both. Now you can have synchronous mirror between 3 nodes. As a result you have still fully redundant and high performing (no cache flush on one node down) cluster if you take one node down for service.

And you have +1 async replication option (with either 2 or 3 node HA cluster) to store snapshot-based replica on. For DR purpose. So we do support 1, 1+1, 2, 2+1, 3 and 3+1 scenarios @ the same time.

Sure. Pretty interesting.

ReFS from MS is a joke. Bad joke.
Aitor_Ibarra wrote:Wow!

Can you expand a bit?

3 nodes HA - is that just like the current 2 node HA, but with a 3rd node, or is it handled differently (e.g. 2 node HA with async mirror to 3rd node?).

replication for deduplication - by replication you mean full 2 node HA for deduped targets?

I will save some RAM...

Also, now that Windows Server 8 beta is out, will you be looking for people to beta test how well it works with Starwind? (both as an initiator and a host OS). Will Starwind targets stored on the new file system offer any resiliency improvements compared with NTFS?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

merckury

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Have you guys released V6 Beta yet? where can I find it? Thx
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 am

No, unfortunately we haven`t got it yet. We expect it`ll appear in couple of months.
We'll sent the e-mail notification to the beta program subscribers (http://www.starwindsoftware.com/beta-testing-program), as well as post the download links and release notes on the beta forum.
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com