A required resource was unavailable

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Just another Guest

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:33 am

This message i get with all menuepoints...
in preferences, add Device (ramdisk, etc)..., and so on.

Win2k SP4 256MB

How can i solve this problem?
Val (staff)

Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:41 pm

Just another Guest wrote:This message i get with all menuepoints...
in preferences, add Device (ramdisk, etc)..., and so on.

Win2k SP4 256MB

How can i solve this problem?
Hi,

What is your StarPort version/build?
Did you set a non-English locale for StarPort GUI?

I guess uninstalling of StarPort and reinstalling it should help...
Best regards,
Valeriy
Same another Guest

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:07 pm

Starport Version 2.4.2 Build 0x20050105
StarPort Driver Version 0x00020002 Build 0x20050105

(newest from your Site I think...)

It happens at my Office and my Home today, too. (Don't worry about the office... it's not in commercial use there :-) )

A minute ago I removed a working RamDrive to create a bigger one to test it, and suddenly the same error occured. It removes without an error, but if i want to create a new one:
"A required resource was unavailable"

At the office it helps this way:

Deinstall
reboot
regclean (microsoft tool..., don't know if THIS helped..., the logfile did not show any registry key from starport or similar thing)
reboot
new install
then it works...

What's the problem, did I something wrong? Can it be a problem, if the RamDrive isn't emty in the moment of removing it?

Sorry for baaad english but i am from germany and my teachers were loosers, you see ;-)

(yes, i switched to german version..., next time i'll try only english version...)
Val (staff)

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:42 pm

Same another Guest wrote:Starport Version 2.4.2 Build 0x20050105
StarPort Driver Version 0x00020002 Build 0x20050105

(newest from your Site I think...)

It happens at my Office and my Home today, too. (Don't worry about the office... it's not in commercial use there :-) )

A minute ago I removed a working RamDrive to create a bigger one to test it, and suddenly the same error occured. It removes without an error, but if i want to create a new one:
"A required resource was unavailable"

At the office it helps this way:

Deinstall
reboot
regclean (microsoft tool..., don't know if THIS helped..., the logfile did not show any registry key from starport or similar thing)
reboot
new install
then it works...

What's the problem, did I something wrong? Can it be a problem, if the RamDrive isn't emty in the moment of removing it?

Sorry for baaad english but i am from germany and my teachers were loosers, you see ;-)

(yes, i switched to german version..., next time i'll try only english version...)
Hi,

It seems one of the previous StarPort versions had the issue with non-English locales.
The version 2.4.2 Build 0x20050105 includes only English locale because we need to update German and other ones to suit last code enhancements.
It seems in your case the old broken DLL with German locale stayed in the StarPort directory. So it was found and used by the StarPort GUI, after that the problem occured.

We're planning to add updated locales into the next build.

For now the recent StarPort version is v2.4.3 (build 0x20050118).
It should be already available for download on our site.

I'm sure Ramdisk could not lead to the problem.
As I said it's because of outdated German locale used by your StarPort installation.

Your English is much better than my one. So it's OK. :)
Best regards,
Valeriy
the another Guest

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:10 am

My english better than yours? :D :D :D

Thanks for quick helping, it's seems to me that the problem is with the switching to german version...,
while my teachers weren't so stupid as i metioned before, the english version will be ok to work with.

Good work at all, nice Program, love you for this... ;-)
Val (staff)

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:55 am

the another Guest wrote:My english better than yours? :D :D :D

Thanks for quick helping, it's seems to me that the problem is with the switching to german version...,
while my teachers weren't so stupid as i metioned before, the english version will be ok to work with.

Good work at all, nice Program, love you for this... ;-)
Hi,

I'm glad it works for you. :)

We always try to do our best to enhance our software and help our customers solving their problems. :)
Best regards,
Valeriy