Internal error(8)

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

bartdejonge

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello,

I get "internal error (8)" during the conversion of a vhd to a vmdk.

What does error (8) mean?

Using starwind software v2v image converter.

Kind regards,

Bart
Constantin (staff)

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 am

Hello! Sorry for such delay!
The reason of this error is that sector size in your VHD image is not 512 bytes. Also we would be very appriciated if you could send us initial 1MB of your VHD image - this will help us to fix this problem. Thanks.
dtb

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 am

My apologies for thread hi-jacking. I am currently experiencing this attempting to convert Virtual Iron VHD to VMDK. What would be the preferred way of capturing and then sending you the first 1MB of one of my virtual machines?

Regards,

dtb
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 am

Do you have ftp or something like this? Or we can give you our ftp access if you want.
dtb wrote:My apologies for thread hi-jacking. I am currently experiencing this attempting to convert Virtual Iron VHD to VMDK. What would be the preferred way of capturing and then sending you the first 1MB of one of my virtual machines?

Regards,

dtb
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

cvbarneveld

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Do you have alrefady a solution or this problem? I got this error with several VHD's with 76 GB disks. Everytime the same error. Other VHD's are converted without any error.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:08 pm

We need somebody to run debug version or upload problematic images. Or provide remote session to the machine with them. Then we'll localize and fix the issue. Want solution? Help us!
cvbarneveld wrote:Do you have alrefady a solution or this problem? I got this error with several VHD's with 76 GB disks. Everytime the same error. Other VHD's are converted without any error.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

ardent

Wed May 25, 2011 4:24 am

Please give me an email address, I will provide the first 1 MB of a VHD to assist in resolution.

Also: The anti spam question of what is the capitol of the USA is a bit fun. "DC?" "Washington DC" "Washington, DC" "Washington, D.C." Too many variances on the answers. It also says i failed the anti-bot check, does that mean captcha or the city question! So confusing.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 am

1) support@starwindsoftware.com

2) We'll check this out. Thank you very much for pointing.
ardent wrote:Please give me an email address, I will provide the first 1 MB of a VHD to assist in resolution.

Also: The anti spam question of what is the capitol of the USA is a bit fun. "DC?" "Washington DC" "Washington, DC" "Washington, D.C." Too many variances on the answers. It also says i failed the anti-bot check, does that mean captcha or the city question! So confusing.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

MNDave

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Do you have this fixed?

I received the error trying to convert http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5363.

Thanks
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 am

The last build should contain the fix. Please use the link below to download it:
http://www.starwindsoftware.com/tmplink ... 110914.exe
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com