Starwind v2v crash

VM image converter (VMDK, VHD, VHDX, IMG, RAW, QCOW and QCOW2), P2V migrator

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

rquinonesf

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm

HI, I ´ve been reading the foro before asking but I could not found any information.
I have to convert vhd to vmdk and after selecting the image the program crash and close.
I have try in different operating systems windwos 7 and windows 2003 and w2008.
No info found. I would appreciatte any help
Vitalii (staff)
Staff

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 am

Please, provide me some details:

What is the VHD image you are using? How was it made? What type and size of it?

Is your VHD is currently in use? Does it have a VM running on it?

Is it placed on your computer or you access it via network share? ( \\COMPUTER\SomeShare\some.vhd)
rquinonesf

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 am

Sorry for answer late but I been travelling.
The process is to download a Microsoft VHD virtual machine for a lab session (the lab is 9 virtual mchines) then I try convert from my local hd after selcting the vhd the program closes without any message. The software is running on windows 7 (both x64 and x86) there is no virtual machine software install in the workstation.

The main objective is to convert an image from hyoer-v to Vmware and avaoiding to install and setuo all the lab.

Thanks in advance
rquinonesf

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi, I´ve trying with different vm download from Microsoft and it looks like that exist a problem with the vm from that lab.
I downloaded another different and it works fine. The las is for AD FS 2.0. So do not try to convert because it will only ended in a crash after selecting the vm to convert. Thank anyway.
Vitalii (staff)
Staff

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Sounds fine

Could you give me a link to that image? The converter should not crash at any case.