Congratulations to the Beta-testing Program winners!

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:58 pm

We would like to thank everyone who applied to StarWind Beta Program and took part in the software testing.
It is valuable contribution and we appreciate it very much.
Thank you for your help!

And here are the winners:

iPad: Ulrich Strasser (Austria)
Coupons for $100 from Amazon.com: Leslie Lei (USA) and Martin Fluck (UK)
ustr

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm

I was really happy to receive iPad from StarWind. :D
It is not that my intention was to win this prize – no, I had and have great deal of interest in the software itself. However it is nice to know that StarWind appreciates help of the community and cares about their product and its funs.

Ulrich Strasser
Martin Fluck

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi all,

Big thanks for the vouchers! Was a very pleasent surprise to start the weekend off with.
Had excellent/quick feedback/assitance from the guys at Starwind on the issues raised from testing, just how a beta program should be run! :D

Got to agree with Ulrich, this is great software and can only get better.

thanks Martin
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:20 pm

:)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

sls

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:00 am

I'm glad to see StarWind is listening the word from the world and making improvement. It's the best way to make the software better and fulfill the demand of the users. Thank you for the hard work of the development team. :lol:
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 pm

We just need to stop at some reasonable point. B/c if we're going to implement ALL user's request... Software is going to be a mass grave of features :)
sls wrote:I'm glad to see StarWind is listening the word from the world and making improvement. It's the best way to make the software better and fulfill the demand of the users. Thank you for the hard work of the development team. :lol:
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:18 am

In September, with the help of beta testers has been done a lot of work, which is invaluable benefit for our products. With these guys, our software every time becomes even more reliable, better quality, and user friendly.
We sincerely thank all beta testers!

And here are the September winners:

iPad: Aitor Ibarra (UK)
Coupons for $100 from Amazon.com: Vladimir Kuznetsov (Russian Federation) and Sabine Klenz (Germany)
Aitor_Ibarra

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Many thanks! 5.5 beta is looking really good, and I'm really looking forward to putting the release version through its paces.

If you keep giving away iPads, sooner or later someone will be asking you to write apps for it... do you think Steve Jobs will allow a SAN monitoring app? :wink:
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Do you think we have to go for iSCSI USB storage?
Aitor_Ibarra wrote:Many thanks! 5.5 beta is looking really good, and I'm really looking forward to putting the release version through its paces.

If you keep giving away iPads, sooner or later someone will be asking you to write apps for it... do you think Steve Jobs will allow a SAN monitoring app? :wink:
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Aitor_Ibarra

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:30 pm

You can already do that! Although I wouldn't recommend anyone keep a SAN target on a USB drive...

I was going to suggest a DHTML version of the management console, but I can't really see a pressing need for it as you can get an RDP client for almost anything. Yes, I admit, I have managed Starwind from my phone before...
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Joke turns to be true: we'll release Linux version of StarWind for USB sticks, bootable ISOs and flash ATA hard disks.

I'm a bit pessimistic about Web-based management console, it's 50:50 split maybe. But we'll see... This raises again and again for years.
Aitor_Ibarra wrote:
You can already do that! Although I wouldn't recommend anyone keep a SAN target on a USB drive...

I was going to suggest a DHTML version of the management console, but I can't really see a pressing need for it as you can get an RDP client for almost anything. Yes, I admit, I have managed Starwind from my phone before...
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev