HA Synchronization

Public beta (bugs, reports, suggestions, features and requests)

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

tlink

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm confused by the process for re-syncing targets when there's a failure with HA. How do you know which one should be resynched? I've tried resyncing from both sides and the response is "Partner is not synchronized" regardless of which one I try so think something bigger might be wrong.
Constantin (staff)

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Did both nodes fail? In this case you have to mount each HA image device as basic usual device with header size 1024, find which of nodes contains latest data, and then re-create HA device and synchronize from that node.
tlink

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes, in this particular case both nodes did fail. I'm not sure why both failed. I purposely made one fail to test what would happen, but for some reason both of them "went down". Anyway I implemented your fix and it did work. Now here's another question. Wouldn't it be a really nice feature for the software to just do that for me? Not that it would should go ahead and do the resynch (I assume there's some risk of data corruption when this happens), but couldn't it easily analyze the two images for me and reccomend the best solution and give the option to implement?
Constantin (staff)

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 pm

I think not - we can`t find out what of the nodes contains correct version of data. Also, software can`t be sure if one or both nodes has failed.