"Too many connections" when trying MPIO

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

titan

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Initiator : Win2003 Std SP1 x86, MS iSCSI 2.03

Target : Win2003 Ent SP2 x64 R2, Starwind X64

If I try and enable multipath I get "too many connections" when adding the second connection.

The Microsoft User Guide for iSCSI says this :

+ Error: “Too many Connections” when you attempt to add a second connection to an existing session.
This issue can occur if the Target does not support Multiple connections per session (MCS). Consult with the Target vendor to see if they plan on adding support for MCS.

Can someone assist me ?

many thanks
Lee.
Val (staff)

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:22 pm

titan wrote:Initiator : Win2003 Std SP1 x86, MS iSCSI 2.03
Target : Win2003 Ent SP2 x64 R2, Starwind X64

If I try and enable multipath I get "too many connections" when adding the second connection.

The Microsoft User Guide for iSCSI says this :

+ Error: “Too many Connections” when you attempt to add a second connection to an existing session.
This issue can occur if the Target does not support Multiple connections per session (MCS). Consult with the Target vendor to see if they plan on adding support for MCS.

Can someone assist me ?

many thanks
Lee.
Hi Lee,

1) StarWind does not support multiple iSCSI connections inside a single session. We have plans to add the feature but not for the nearest future.

2) The MS MPIO also supports the multipathing mode when separate iSCSI sessions are established to the iSCSI device.
This mode is known as working with StarWind for virtual target devices (ImageFile, etc). To use the feature you need to allow multiple sessions to the target ('Clustering = ON')
Best regards,
Valeriy