Problems With Version 3.1.4

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jmercmon

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:21 pm

I am testing out StarWind 3.1.4 on a windows 2003 server and I am haveing alot of trouble just geting off the ground with it. The first thing I try to do is switch the authentication to anonymous and the whole thing just dies. The service stops and you have to start it manually and the authentication never changes. If you try this several times eventually you get locked out all together with Invalid auth method. I change the prefs to login with all diffrent type of auth and nothing works. The only way to fix it is to remove and reinstall the app.

Does not look good for the trial of this software as I have been at this for 2 days and my trial is running out. I was really hoping there was another solution than having to buy Microsoft Storage server.

Any help would be great.
jmercmon

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:25 pm

I also get this error. All I try to do is change the username and password and click ok

Cannot connect to the server
016806E0
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 am

We've got your e-mail and kindly asked to send us the StarWind log of the problematic sessions. Looking forward receiving it and helping you. Thank you!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

crewcut

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Does anyone ever post the fix for a problem in your forums. You guys seem to always ask for the logs and never post the fix for the problem back here. I am having the same problem with a demo version we just downloaded today and it would be nice if the resolution was right here.

Thanks
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:25 am

What you say is simply not true. We always send experimental build to the customer and after confirming build is working we do include fix into upcoming release.

So what problem do you have "the same"? Firewalled iSCSI and iSCSI control ports? Or shutdown?
crewcut wrote:Does anyone ever post the fix for a problem in your forums. You guys seem to always ask for the logs and never post the fix for the problem back here. I am having the same problem with a demo version we just downloaded today and it would be nice if the resolution was right here.

Thanks
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software