Virtual Tape drive and Library
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:21 am
Hi,
We currently have a Backup Exec 15 and is installed on a Windows 2012 Server. I installed the Starwind Virtua SAN on the server and the server detects the Virtual Tape drive and Virtual tape Library but not the backup exec software. I think the issue is caused by the Virtual LT0-8 drive which may not be compatible with the backup exec. Is there a way to install a Virtual LTO-7 tape drive instead?
Thanks
Regards,
Armand
We currently have a Backup Exec 15 and is installed on a Windows 2012 Server. I installed the Starwind Virtua SAN on the server and the server detects the Virtual Tape drive and Virtual tape Library but not the backup exec software. I think the issue is caused by the Virtual LT0-8 drive which may not be compatible with the backup exec. Is there a way to install a Virtual LTO-7 tape drive instead?
Thanks
Regards,
Armand