Add VTL Device Not available (to add)

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

aristides

Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:13 pm

Hi. I am new on this forum, today it's the first time that I installed the StarWind Virtual SAN.
I did launch the StarWInd Management Console without problems but, when I try to Connect to the Default server (IP address 127.0.0.1, port 3261) I do see a Pop Up with the message "GUI management not allowed by license" (I did see on some internet's site that the free version don't include the GUI.
My request is; how can I ADD the VTL Device? Because after I did configure the Server I did see that the "Add device", "Add device (advanced)", "Add VTL Device" and "Remove target" are not available.
THanks in advance and have a nice day
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:57 pm

Welcome to StarWind Forum. This is expected behavior. Please add the VTL device with the script from C:\Program Files\StarWind Software\StarWind.
aristides

Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:07 pm

I would like to request you if you can inform me the name of this script and how can is possible execute it.
Thanks in advance
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:30 pm

Go to C:\Program Files\StarWind Software\StarWind\StarWindX\Samples\powershell and use CreateVirtualTapeLibrary. Fill in the necessary fields in the script and run it. Make sure to run it as administrator.