iSER production status

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

MIT

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:17 pm

Howdy,

when we implemented our env earlier this year iSER was still marked as experimental, so we obviously didn't mess with it.

Can you provide an update if/when this is going to have production status?

Latest info I could find in the forum is from 2020 https://forums.starwindsoftware.com/vie ... tal#p31246

If nothing is invested into it any more because of NVMe-oF :( that'd at least be good to know for us and others :P 8)

Best regards
Oliver
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Oliver,

We are looking towards both these protocol integration from the hypervisor's side. From our end, we are developing NVMe-oF target and initiator. Stay tuned.
MIT

Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:06 am

Cool!

Is there a rough date for iSER?

NVMe-oF is listed as "(demo)" in my env so it seems to be released for production, just as a separately priced module, yes?

Have to ask so blatantly since LSWBC was also proudly presented on the site but then "experimental" in the actual software ;)
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi,
Is there a rough date for iSER?
Sorry to inform you that I have no ETA yet.

NVMe-oF-related service is installed together with StarWind VSAN Service. Now though, it is still an experimental feature that is why it has strange status.
Have to ask so blatantly since LSWBC was also proudly presented on the site but then "experimental" in the actual software ;)
LSFS was decided to be deprecated recently (i.e., a long time after the feature was implemented).