vCenter Plugin availability for the Free license ?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

dmytro (staff)
Staff

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Hello tryllz,

Thank you for your interest in our new product. We have found the cause of the issue and already applied the fix. Please re-download the StarWind SAN & NAS build from our website (the same link you have received previously), redeploy the appliance, and install the Center Plugin.

Please let me know should you need any assistance with the StarWind NAS & SAN product.

Best regards,
Dmytro Malynka
Product Manager
StarWind Software
Best regards,
Dmytro Malynka
Product Manager
StarWind Software
tryllz

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi Dmytro,

Thanks for the prompt response, I do see the update date as being 5th July, nonetheless I'll try and update here accordingly..
tryllz

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi Dmytro,

Its working now, only a small glitch, it says that I can add vCenter by FQDN or IP, but it does not accept FQDN nor does it allow to type FQDN manually as can bee seen below (pasted FQDN).

tryllz

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:39 pm

Also, I have 2 StarWind Appliance, I manage to install 1 and connect it to the vCenter, the other one when trying to connect to the same vCenter fails, is this normal, or can only 1 be connected ?

Logs attached.

The plugin installed on the 1st Storage Appliance does not appear within vCenter, and when I tried to open it from within the Storage appliance it shows nothing, vCneter rebooted, I'll reboot Storage Appliance as well and check again.

Attachments
logs_10.0.20.71_29_07_2021_16_17_13.zip
(6.66 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
tryllz

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 pm

So as I understand, only 1 Starwind Appliance can be installed in vCenter at 1 time.

dmytro (staff)
Staff

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello tryllz,

My apologies for the late reply.
Its working now, only a small glitch, it says that I can add vCenter by FQDN or IP, but it does not accept FQDN nor does it allow to type FQDN manually as can bee seen below (pasted FQDN).
Thank you for your report. Unfortunately, I can confirm that this is a product issue. I have already reported that issue to our Development team. I'll inform you once the update will be available.
Also, I have 2 StarWind Appliance, I manage to install 1 and connect it to the vCenter, the other one when trying to connect to the same vCenter fails, is this normal, or can only 1 be connected ?
Yes, only a single instance of the vCenter Plugin can be installed on and connected to vCenter at the given time. We have been developing functionality to manage two or more appliances at the same time. We have planned to release it in Q3.

Please let me know should you need any assistance with the StarWind NAS & SAN product.

Best regards,
Dmytro Malynka
Product Manager
StarWind Software
Best regards,
Dmytro Malynka
Product Manager
StarWind Software