Integrity test of Shared Storage

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

metrobg

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:56 am

Good Day All,

I'm currently using VSAN free and having issues with my infrastructure and the symptoms appear to point to the storage subsystem.
The reason I say the storage is suspect is because my backup software, Veeam Backup and Replication is unable to backup some
vm's and failing with this message. Error: The drive cannot find the sector requested. Asynchronous read operation failed Failed to upload disk.
In addition, at one point I was unable to manually create a snapshot, although all vm's appear to function normally.

Here is my question, are any tools available in Star Wind that could assist me with determining the health of my underlying ISCSI storage?
The Star Wind management interface shows that the two nodes are synchronized and I'm at a loss as to where to look next.

My setup is configured using separate compute and storage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:10 am

I've pinged head of support so he should contact you soon about this case.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:23 am

Greetings,

Can I learn more about the system in question? What hypervisor do you use? What StarWind VSAN version is installed (i.e., StarWind VSAN for Hyper-V or StarWind VSAN for vSphere)?
Also, I'd like to request the logs from your systemes.
For quicker and easier log collection from StarWind nodes please do not hesitate using StarWind Log Collector from our knowledge base article below:
https://knowledgebase.starwindsoftware. ... collector/ Please share the storage logs via Google Drive or any other file sharing service.