Trial Expired - unable to apply free key need help asap

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

midnight

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:55 am

Hello,

My trial expired last night and I was under the impression (from other forum posts and online) that vSan would work in a free mode with a few limitations. Now for some reason the storage is offline and I cannot add the free licence to the console - I downloaded the free licence at the same time as the trial.

A box appeared to say that the licence will expire in 0 days - which was expected
A box has popped up in the console saying i need a commercial, trial or free licence- attached
I've selected and added free the licence - attached
I get an error saying a free licence cannot be used after a trial???? WTF - Seriously??

Can someone help as I've got no access to the storage - I have got backups but I dont want to rebuild my cluster because of this bug.

Thanks
Attachments
Licence Expired
Licence Expired
licence expired message.JPG (27.05 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
Selection
Selection
Free Licence Selection.JPG (30.47 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
Cant use Licence
Cant use Licence
Cant use licence.JPG (19.35 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
Boris (staff)
Staff

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:52 pm

From what I know, your account manager should have already got in touch with you.
There has been some licensing policy change lately. With the latest build, the trial license would not turn into a free one after expiration. You would need to use either another trial license for trial period extension or a commercial license. You can resolve this by communicating with your account manager.
Let us know in case of any questions.