HA "non-active" after removing swdsk files

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

steve.hulsberg

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:11 pm

I am testing the StarWind software in different scenarios. I have discovered that in the console when you delete a HA image, it does not delete anything on the HV host. Knowing this, I cleared out one of the host by removing off it out of the StarWind console and then deleting the files. With the second host I deleted the HA files on the host and then went back to delete the instance in the console, which is when I ran into the "non-active" issue. I can highlight the "HAImage1" but there are no options to remove them since they are referencing files that no longer exist. How do I delete these entries? I have tried uninstalling the console, removing the server but nothing has worked.
starwind_not_active.JPG
starwind_not_active.JPG (16.33 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
Thank you,
Steve
Boris (staff)
Staff

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Select Witness, but not HAImage1. Right-click on that and select Force Remove Target.
steve.hulsberg

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Boris (staff) wrote:Select Witness, but not HAImage1. Right-click on that and select Force Remove Target.
Nothing shows up when you right click on Witness, same as the others.
Boris (staff)
Staff

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Could you submit a ticket with reference to this thread? This can be done at https://www.starwindsoftware.com/support-form
Boris (staff)
Staff

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Brief update for the community:

The issue was caused by different licenses applied to the two test servers you had. Once we changed the license to the proper one, everything started working as expected.