Extension for StarWindX

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Sekkmer

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:24 pm

I wrote an extension library for StarWindX in C#, I think PowerShell can simply import the classes from a dll if not I will look into it.

https://github.com/Sekkmer/StarWindXExtLib

You can mount snapshots under LSFS Devices, and edit HA Device interfaces (snapshot for HA is not tested right now)

I made classes for device/target/file creation, containing almost all possible parameters.

Some parts of the library are not tested (I have another StarWindX project, I moved these classes from there and some parts wore differently implemented there) the testing part should have been finished in the next weeks.

Some parts do not work: Advanced HA creation (I currently working on this).

Feel free to use any part of my code however you like it.
Boris (staff)
Staff

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Thank you for sharing this with the community.
batiati

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi @Sekkmer,

You have done a great job on StarWindXExtLib, thank you for sharing it.

I'm currently working on a very simple GUI in order pro provide basic functions to my level 1 staff: create/extend a volume, put/remove on maintenance mode, etc.

Using StarWindXExtLib has been pretty handy for me, so I can avoid to use the Parameter class directly and all those strings, going straight on the point.

I haven't found your email on github, please contact me on private rbatiati@gmail.com, I have interest contributing with some code.
Boris (staff)
Staff

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:08 pm

It's great to see the community developing this.