ESXI Storage Disconnect and Two Windows Starwind VM Nodes

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

netts

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi all!

I've been looking into this software and so far I'm not having a great time with it. ESXI seems to completely drop the storage for about a few minutes then automatically reconnect throughout the day. Starwind loses sync for about a few seconds ranomly but quickly picks back up.

I know this isn't an IO issue or bad block device.. all my VM's before running separately were just fine. (We're HA at the application level too so we have two of the same VM running at all times). I am out of ideas of what is going on and at the point of blaming Starwind for my woes and moving on to another solution.

We have 2 Gb/s sync channel iSCSI target bandwidth. There are total of two paths to each target.

Anyone point me in the right direction? Once I can go stable for a few days I'll most likely purchase this for each node. I'll post logs as requested.
Boris (staff)
Staff

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:37 pm

nett,

What kind of license do you use? If that is trial, you can contact your account manager that you received the license key from and get dedicated support from one of our engineers.