Windows x64 support

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jjaomni

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:46 pm

i need to wait for my ram. i just ordered the 1 gig from newegg and should be here wednesday. my trial will run out before that. maybe you could e-mail me a limited trial key for further testing? and i could do any thing you need. for both me and you. jjaomni{@}netzero.net
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:15 pm

Yes of course. Please drop me a message to info@rocketdivision.com and I'd forward it to responsible guys who would generate you extended time limited key.
jjaomni wrote:i need to wait for my ram. i just ordered the 1 gig from newegg and should be here wednesday. my trial will run out before that. maybe you could e-mail me a limited trial key for further testing? and i could do any thing you need. for both me and you. jjaomni{@}netzero.net
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

jjaomni

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:24 pm

to bad x64 drivers for star port are not out already. that would really be a neat work around for alchol 120%
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:28 pm

We're good friends with Alcohol Software and Daemon Tools and would never make a competition product for them. StarPort is "proof of concept" and not even close Alcohol or DT replacement.
jjaomni wrote:to bad x64 drivers for star port are not out already. that would really be a neat work around for alchol 120%
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

jjaomni

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:31 am

Yeah. Understand that. just was making a comment more about the lack of 3rd party drivers for x64. but someone is going to have to be first in Providing drivers for x64. Wither it is printer drivers, cd/dvd virtual drivers, web cam drivers, etc, etc....

/me taps his fingers waiting for Thursday and the ups lady..

just setup nvidia raid 0 array on the nvidia chipset sata controller. that was intresting. used two ide drivers with sata adapters. had to run a repair install of xp x64 to get it to boot back up. oh well. to much coffee i guess.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:53 am

From what I know Daemon Tools (they are driver providers for Alcohol software, just as Rocket Division is iSCSI target software provider for them) have beta version of AMD64 compatible driver set. So you would see something working closer to the end of this year.
jjaomni wrote:Yeah. Understand that. just was making a comment more about the lack of 3rd party drivers for x64. but someone is going to have to be first in Providing drivers for x64. Wither it is printer drivers, cd/dvd virtual drivers, web cam drivers, etc, etc....

/me taps his fingers waiting for Thursday and the ups lady..

just setup nvidia raid 0 array on the nvidia chipset sata controller. that was intresting. used two ide drivers with sata adapters. had to run a repair install of xp x64 to get it to boot back up. oh well. to much coffee i guess.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

jjaomni

Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:50 pm

well thanks for extenede trial code. i went back to win32 until x64 drivers are released for deamon tools and 120% nothing against your software which i hope to use a little more on the 2k3 server. upgraded to 1gbite so that should be fun to play with.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:21 pm

RDS stuff would be ported to x64 soon, from what I know DT/Acohol already have working 64-bit betas so stay tuned :)
jjaomni wrote:well thanks for extenede trial code. i went back to win32 until x64 drivers are released for deamon tools and 120% nothing against your software which i hope to use a little more on the 2k3 server. upgraded to 1gbite so that should be fun to play with.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Tim

Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:47 pm

RDS stuff would be ported to x64 soon, from what I know DT/Acohol already have working 64-bit betas so stay tuned
Cool 8)

I will be watching out this stuff :D
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:53 pm

:)

I'm not sure how cool would be x64 version of StarWind but currently my AMD X2 4800 box with dual 6600GTs in SLI mode run DooM3 at least four times faster then old 3400+ with Radeon 9800 Pro. And THAT's COOL :)
Tim wrote:
RDS stuff would be ported to x64 soon, from what I know DT/Acohol already have working 64-bit betas so stay tuned
Cool 8)

I will be watching out this stuff :D
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Tim

Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:13 pm

I'm not sure how cool would be x64 version of StarWind
I'm a geek :roll:
currently my AMD X2 4800 box with dual 6600GTs in SLI mode run DooM3 at least four times faster then old 3400+ with Radeon 9800 Pro. And THAT's COOL
Agreed, very nice indeed. Way beyond my monetary means though :cry:

I had to settle for an nForce3 chipset so I could retain as much of the original hardware as possible (has AGP instead of PCI-E). I run an Athlon64 3700+ (San Diego core).
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:37 am

For the development purpose quite oftenthere's a need to invest into the hardware most of the people would not have hands over for years! :(
Tim wrote:
I'm not sure how cool would be x64 version of StarWind
I'm a geek :roll:
currently my AMD X2 4800 box with dual 6600GTs in SLI mode run DooM3 at least four times faster then old 3400+ with Radeon 9800 Pro. And THAT's COOL
Agreed, very nice indeed. Way beyond my monetary means though :cry:

I had to settle for an nForce3 chipset so I could retain as much of the original hardware as possible (has AGP instead of PCI-E). I run an Athlon64 3700+ (San Diego core).
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Tim

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:24 pm

For the development purpose quite oftenthere's a need to invest into the hardware most of the people would not have hands over for years!
Yeah right, of course :)

Absolutely nothing to do with playing DOOM3 at all. :roll:
Purely for development purposes, I can see that. :wink:
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:52 pm

Well... Some people are paid for driving Ferrari and Lotus cars :)
Tim wrote:
For the development purpose quite oftenthere's a need to invest into the hardware most of the people would not have hands over for years!
Yeah right, of course :)

Absolutely nothing to do with playing DOOM3 at all. :roll:
Purely for development purposes, I can see that. :wink:
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

CJD

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:33 pm

anton (staff) wrote::)
I'm not sure how cool would be x64 version of StarWind but currently my AMD X2 4800 box with dual 6600GTs in SLI mode run DooM3 at least four times faster then old 3400+ with Radeon 9800 Pro. And THAT's COOL :)
:shock: