Added 2 ImageFile Devices as targets but only one viewable

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

gtaylor

Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:13 pm

I have added two imagefile devices as targets using version 2.6.1 see exerpt from config file below. I am using two Windows 2003 Enterprise Servers

add "ImageFile0" "Q1" -file:"quorum.img" -asyncmode:"no" -clustered:"yes"

add "ImageFile1" "SHARE" -file:"share.img" -asyncmode:"no" -clustered:"yes"
[permissions]

I am using Microsoft Initiator (current version) on the other machine. In the computer management console under device manager I can see the two ROCKET IMG SCSI Disks. However, when I go to Disk Management only one new divice is detected. Why?

Thanks,

Gtaylor
Val (staff)

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:09 pm

I am using Microsoft Initiator (current version) on the other machine. In the computer management console under device manager I can see the two ROCKET IMG SCSI Disks. However, when I go to Disk Management only one new divice is detected. Why?
I guess the question relates more to the MS initiator and your client machine's configuration.
If the 2 devices are present in the Device Manager, so they connected OK.

Have you installed the Clustering services and made some settings?
If yes, this could be a normal behaviour of the MS clustering environment...
Best regards,
Valeriy
gtaylor

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:19 pm

Thanks for reply Valery.

I am just into the early setup for MS Clustering. First I am trying to use StarWind to have two disks available for the system. So I have not yet configured any setting on the client machine for MS Clustering.

Yes the ISCSI disks are present in the the Device Manager. However, I can only see, partition and format one of those disks not the other. Is this by design? Is only one imagefile iscsi device able to be seen at a time or ...?

Thanks,

Glen
Val (staff)

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:57 pm

Yes the ISCSI disks are present in the the Device Manager. However, I can only see, partition and format one of those disks not the other. Is this by design? Is only one imagefile iscsi device able to be seen at a time or ...?
Glen,
You can create and mount any number of ImageFile targets.
So this is some other issue.

I'd try to create one more ImageFile target on the server and connect to it from the same initiator machine.
Best regards,
Valeriy