Learning SANs

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

xy67

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi All

My first post :D

I'm in the process of getting into virtualization, hypervisors and storage in a big way to take me to the nexy level in my career. I have a lab environment I have setup up on a single host at home. I will shortly be taking delivery of a new server which will be used as a new host and the old server will be used for storage.

The old server will be used for Starwind Virtual SAN. I'll be using this to store all my VMs that I use for my training/studying/learning/lab setup.

I read somewhere that there is an NFR license one can apply for which allows you to use all the features unlocked which is something I am interested in so I can learn as many of the features in the Virtual SAN product. I'm not an MVP or blogger but I am a skilled IT guy that runs a serious lab at home (and its only going to get bigger in the future!). On the website I tried to apply for this license but I got an email back from Office 365 saying the email had been rejected.

I'm hoping someone can assist me with the NFR license please :D I have an NFR license for Veeam and it has been immensely helpful in my lab and studies. I hope Statwind would be so kind as to help me out. :)

Thank you!
Oksana (staff)
Staff

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:37 am

Hi xy67,
Thank you for your interest in our solution.
We would be glad to provide you with the NFR license. Please follow this link to download your license
https://www.starwindsoftware.com/vsan-for-trainers

Thank you! :)
xy67

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:43 am

Oksana (staff) wrote:Hi xy67,
Thank you for your interest in our solution.
We would be glad to provide you with the NFR license. Please follow this link to download your license
https://www.starwindsoftware.com/vsan-for-trainers

Thank you! :)
Thank you! I have filled out the form and it said a manager would get back to me but then I received an email saying:

Office 365
Your message to jira-marketing-lic@starwindsoftware.com couldn't be delivered.
Security or policy settings at starwindsoftware.com have rejected your message.

This is the problem I was having yesterday. Can you help please? :D
Oksana (staff)
Staff

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Thank you for letting us know. We will resolve the problem in a short time.
As you have already downloaded the product, I hope that StarWind Virtual SAN will be of assistance to you in your work :)
xy67

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Oksana (staff) wrote:Thank you for letting us know. We will resolve the problem in a short time.
As you have already downloaded the product, I hope that StarWind Virtual SAN will be of assistance to you in your work :)
You've been MORE than helpful! Everythings now sorted and I appreciate your assistance. Heres to learning Virtual SAN! :D
darklight

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:49 am

Hi mate,

It would be great if you share some technical details of your future configuration where starwind is involved. Just to share some ideas and discuss?
Tarass (Staff)
Staff

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks all for your contribution. Anything else i can help you here with?
Senior Technical Support Engineer
StarWind Software Inc.