Add Replica Greyed Out

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

jimeney

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I'm working through a tutorial to setup a two node StarWind Virtual SAN to have replicated storage, via the following link: http://www.vladan.fr/starwind-virtual-s ... ct-review/ - I've created the VMs, installed SolarWinds, created the devices and storage and when trying to set up the replication partner, I'm finding the option to Add Replica being unavailable. Please advise.
Oles (staff)
Staff

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 am

Hello Jimeney!

Can you confirm that you license covers another replica?

Thank you.
jimeney

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:52 am

Oles(staff) wrote:Hello Jimeney!

Thank you.
I presume your licensing structure has changed as the tutorial I followed stated that the free license covered 2 nodes. I have ongoing discussions with your licensing team to sort this so we can consider this matter closed.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:53 am

Free license covers either single or dual virtual controllers (nodes). So if you had applied single controller key then you would not be able to create any HA devices obviously as you need to have another licensed partner.
jimeney wrote:
Oles(staff) wrote:Hello Jimeney!

Thank you.
I presume your licensing structure has changed as the tutorial I followed stated that the free license covered 2 nodes. I have ongoing discussions with your licensing team to sort this so we can consider this matter closed.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

jtf6xb

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:04 am

I am experiencing the same issue. I am using the free 2-node license for Hyper-V. I have checked and both nodes list the license type as Enterprise HA unlimited and 2 servers per license. I just rebooted each node and Add Replica is still greyed out.
jtf6xb

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:48 am

I was able to resolve the issue. Apparently, one of my servers was on an older build that was not reading the replication features from the license file. After updating the issue is resolved.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:33 am

Excellent! Thank you for keeping us updated :)
jtf6xb wrote:I was able to resolve the issue. Apparently, one of my servers was on an older build that was not reading the replication features from the license file. After updating the issue is resolved.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

ntcomp

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi, I am having this problem with VSAN v8 NFR version, unable to add witness node, Add Replica Greyed Out. The 2 node mode synchronous and node Majority. (node 1 and 2 are Windows server 2019, witness vm Windows server 2016)
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:31 am

Please contact me using anton AT starwind DOT com and I’ll arrange you an updated NFR key and will bring you in touch with engineers to help. Thanks!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 am

Got your e-mail. Replied and brought you in touch with pre-sales engineers who should help. Ping me if you'll have issues troubleshooting your case. Thanks!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev