c54 IMG: *** ImageFile_ScsiExec: WRITE_SAME (0x93)

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

AndyKnight

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 pm

As the title suggest I'm getting quite a few of the following messages in the starwind server log.

12/2 17:47:35.590 c54 IMG: *** ImageFile_ScsiExec: WRITE_SAME (0x93) is not supported.

I am using the latest v8 build on windows 2012 R2 standard with 16GB of RAM, 4 disk RAID-10 set (4 x 1TB) and 2 x 128GB SSD (no RAID etc, just independent disks) with L1 and L2 enabled (6GB RAM for each of my 2 thick virtual disks I am serving from Starwind and 110GB fo L2 dedicated to each virtual volume).

From a previous post I found on this forum the suggestion was this had something to do with VAAI not working (this was from 2013 I believe) and to wait for v8.

The application servers are 2 vSphere 5.5 hosts using software iSCSI initiator with delayedack disabled. I am operating on a 1Gbe network with single iSCSI links on the Starwind server and the hosts (not ideal but it's what I have at the moment). vCenter shows the datastores as supported for hardware acceleration and all advanced config for datamovers etc are enabled.

Anybody got any idea what these errors are?

Thanks

Andy
Alex (staff)
Staff

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:25 pm

It's a diagnostic message, nothing special.
Service kernel checks disk if it supports WRITE_SAME command, disk says it doesn't support this command.
In a result service kernel processes these commands itself.
Best regards,
Alexey.