cannot share drives/images

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

gooper

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:28 am

Hi,

I just downloaded StarWind yesterday and tryed to connect to the RamDrive: successfully

after that i tryed to use an image file which did not work.

I have already found that the image should better be in the install-directory of StarWind.
but no matter if i wanted to let the UI create my image file nore if i used mksparse.exe, i do not have any images files in the UI to chose als device to make accesible.

I always get the error: Cannot add device. Device test failed for 'ImageFile0'.

what am i doing wrong?

mfg
Tobias
Val (staff)

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:19 am

gooper wrote:Hi,

I just downloaded StarWind yesterday and tryed to connect to the RamDrive: successfully

after that i tryed to use an image file which did not work.

I have already found that the image should better be in the install-directory of StarWind.
but no matter if i wanted to let the UI create my image file nore if i used mksparse.exe, i do not have any images files in the UI to chose als device to make accesible.

I always get the error: Cannot add device. Device test failed for 'ImageFile0'.

what am i doing wrong?

mfg
Tobias
Hi Tobias,

You need to change the ImageFile default directory to the path where your disk images are stored.

Open the StarWind.conf file and change the following line:
addplugin -module:"ImageFile.dll" -symlink:"ImageFile" -type:"Image file" -imagedir:"d:\images|cdfv|images|dat,list"

You can add several -imagedir parameters to access several folders.

We'll fix the issue with -imagedir that points to a non-existent directory in the next build.
Best regards,
Valeriy
gooper

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:32 pm

The default directory, where StarWind expectes the images is the Installdirektory of StarWind, or am i wrong?
gooper wrote: I have already found that the image should better be in the install-directory of StarWind.
even when i change the line in the config-file, i do not find any image-files th choose in the UI.

mfg
Tobias
Val (staff)

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:36 pm

gooper wrote:The default directory, where StarWind expectes the images is the Installdirektory of StarWind, or am i wrong?
gooper wrote: I have already found that the image should better be in the install-directory of StarWind.
even when i change the line in the config-file, i do not find any image-files th choose in the UI.

mfg
Tobias
Tobias,

It seems there is a configurational issue.

Please send me your StarWind.conf and the StarWind Service log file for the session.
Also please specify where your image files are located (the directory path)
Best regards,
Valeriy