Starport is crashing my PCS - all of them

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:42 pm

Nobady except RDS is capable of solve your current task. SBS was mentioned to check only - has other vendors the same problems as we do. I'm still not sure. Yes, please check other router also.
Anonymous wrote:string bean, only sees hard disks. Not ide devices.

Am I asking too much for this software. For example

Should I be able to use an application like Nero or GrabnBurn and access the dvd burner from the client pc, burning an .iso or other image file.

The Iso image is located on the starwind machine if it makes any difference.

BTW, I have an SMC router in the closet. I forgot about it. I could try it just for your tests. But Im not giving up my Dlink that easy.

I tryed a WRT54G one time and the range sucked compared to my Dlink.

That was when i tried 3 diff routers for 30 days from Best Buy here in the states :) and 3 Diff wireless lan cards. I ended up liking the dlink the best and the others went back
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:18 pm

Ok guys,

I think this is it for me.

I have done all the testing I can possibly do without losing my mind at this point.

I connected my smc router that was in the closet. This time my laptop got a beautiful BSOD! At least some things dont change. I have reverted back to my regular router. Short of doing a clean windows install on both client and server machines I dont think Im gonna be the one to crack this bug. Its gotta be something on my machine. I cant uninstall powerstrip without hosing up the sync on my server but my desktop doesnt have powerstrip on it and its not working.

While I thank you for what appears to be a great application, I know when Im beat.

I will post back maybe one of these days if i do a fresh windows install. My image server is down right now for my hard drive images. Yes! I use acronis and powerquest drive image from time to time. I like powerquest because you can take winiso, embedd the drive image onto a iso and burn the bootcd app off of dvd rom, No floppy, no network required. I did this because powerquest wouldnt see some of my network cards on later build motherboards. I never did figure out a way to inject the drivers. I was proud of myself for embedding the disk image onto a bootable dvd. You cant win them all..........and it appears that starwind,starport,mycomputers have me beat!!!!

Thanks for all your help. Ill still check back to see if anyone gets my issues again. Like you said its rare. Would be nice to know in the end.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:35 pm

MS initiator BSODs? :-(

Sad to hear you gave up. It's a pity we were not able to solve your issues... Now I don't think they are network but rather your OS configuration related. Make fresh installation of OS and we'll possibly continue.

Good luck!
Anonymous wrote:Ok guys,

I think this is it for me.

I have done all the testing I can possibly do without losing my mind at this point.

I connected my smc router that was in the closet. This time my laptop got a beautiful BSOD! At least some things dont change. I have reverted back to my regular router. Short of doing a clean windows install on both client and server machines I dont think Im gonna be the one to crack this bug. Its gotta be something on my machine. I cant uninstall powerstrip without hosing up the sync on my server but my desktop doesnt have powerstrip on it and its not working.

While I thank you for what appears to be a great application, I know when Im beat.

I will post back maybe one of these days if i do a fresh windows install. My image server is down right now for my hard drive images. Yes! I use acronis and powerquest drive image from time to time. I like powerquest because you can take winiso, embedd the drive image onto a iso and burn the bootcd app off of dvd rom, No floppy, no network required. I did this because powerquest wouldnt see some of my network cards on later build motherboards. I never did figure out a way to inject the drivers. I was proud of myself for embedding the disk image onto a bootable dvd. You cant win them all..........and it appears that starwind,starport,mycomputers have me beat!!!!

Thanks for all your help. Ill still check back to see if anyone gets my issues again. Like you said its rare. Would be nice to know in the end.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:49 pm

The BSOD came from laptop, could have been something stuck in memory or something. I also tried it on Desktop and it locked up very similar.

It could be one of two things at this point.

Fresh Install would fix all problems OR

Both routers are crap :)

I sure hope not

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:51 pm

when i said desktop locked up similar I was referring to the way the computer acted before the second router. I think the BSOD was a fluke honestly.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:57 pm

A lot of experience. But no results :( OK, we're waiting for fresh OS installation to come to scene :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev