Starwind 2.6 license

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

buckfitty

Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:26 pm

I just download your latest release of Starwind and I noticed that it says its is a 14 day trial. Is Starwind not free for personal use anymore?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:03 am

It's still free for personal use. I think Artem would publish new policy (we'll ask all our users to register from now, either for free or for money - depends upon who and what for is using our software) tomorrow morning. To avoid a lot of confusion.
buckfitty wrote:I just download your latest release of Starwind and I noticed that it says its is a 14 day trial. Is Starwind not free for personal use anymore?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

buckfitty

Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:27 pm

I like your software and would like to use it for my personal use. The trial is going to expire soon and I would like to know how I should go about registering it before it expires.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:41 pm

Drop a message to info@rocketdivision.com and you'll be issued with your free licenses. However you'll be the last one to get them for free (only b/s I was fast enough to promise and we keep our word). We've changed our licensing policy and now only non-profit organizations (like Red Cross or AIDS and cancer fighting teams) would get RDS stuff free of charge.
buckfitty wrote:I like your software and would like to use it for my personal use. The trial is going to expire soon and I would like to know how I should go about registering it before it expires.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

buckfitty

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:35 am

Thank you for your integrity. I would be happy to recommend your software if asked.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:05 pm

No problem! I've got your e-mail and forwarded it to the support team guys. You should get your stuff till the end of the day.
buckfitty wrote:Thank you for your integrity. I would be happy to recommend your software if asked.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev