Starport won't reconnect after reboot.

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Charliegiggles

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:22 pm

Connection is set to automount however whenever the starport server is rebooted I get "Failed" under status. I have to manually remove and add device. It then reconnects.

Thanks.
Val (staff)

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:47 pm

Charliegiggles wrote:Connection is set to automount however whenever the starport server is rebooted I get "Failed" under status. I have to manually remove and add device. It then reconnects.

Thanks.
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

We'll try to reproduce the issue and fix it if it's a bug.
Best regards,
Valeriy
CharlieGiggles

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:30 pm

Just to clarify. Both the starwind and startport servers are Win2003 servers and part of a domain. I'm trying to connect "from the starport server" to disks that are attached "and mounted" to a virtual array on the starwind server.

Everything works perfectly however as stated when I reboot the server running starport the reconnect fails. If I remove the device and re-add them they reconnect without a problem. I'm guessing here but I think it might be an authentication problem between the two servers. What credentials does starport send when it attempts to reconnect to the starwind service?

Thanks again.
Val (staff)

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:40 pm

CharlieGiggles wrote:Just to clarify. Both the starwind and startport servers are Win2003 servers and part of a domain. I'm trying to connect "from the starport server" to disks that are attached "and mounted" to a virtual array on the starwind server.

Everything works perfectly however as stated when I reboot the server running starport the reconnect fails. If I remove the device and re-add them they reconnect without a problem. I'm guessing here but I think it might be an authentication problem between the two servers. What credentials does starport send when it attempts to reconnect to the starwind service?

Thanks again.
Hi,

Thank you for the details.
We're working on the issue.
Best regards,
Valeriy