how to burn on multiple devices in the same time?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

i110_laurent

Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:33 pm

Hello,

I want burn on 2 devices in the same time. how can I do that given we can only give 1 address to create function?

thank you
Val (staff)

Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:08 pm

i110_laurent wrote:Hello,

I want burn on 2 devices in the same time. how can I do that given we can only give 1 address to create function?

thank you
Hi,

Do you mean creating a specific StarWind's target that will be accessible by initiators as a single burner and it will burn 2+ CDs?

Current StarWind version doesn't support such a mode itself, but it's possible to create a plugin for StarWind service that will implement what you asked...

Another way is using a CD burning software that can write the same image to several burners simultaneously. And access remote burners via iSCSI...
Best regards,
Valeriy
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:28 pm

Correct. Purchasing SDK would help the guy to create "mirrored" burners.
However the idea is kind of crazy -- I have no clue how errors in this case would be processed.

However I think the only thing he needs is just map two burners over the network and use some existing burning app which is capable for mutliburn itself :-)
valery (staff) wrote:
i110_laurent wrote:Hello,

thank you
Hi,

Do you mean creating a specific StarWind's target that will be accessible by initiators as a single burner and it will burn 2+ CDs?

Current StarWind version doesn't support such a mode itself, but it's possible to create a plugin for StarWind service that will implement what you asked...

Another way is using a CD burning software that can write the same image to several burners simultaneously. And access remote burners via iSCSI...
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software