StarWind Send Alert E-mails

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

darrellchapman

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:24 pm

This request was mentioned as a reply to one of my posts however I thought it warranted its own post.

It would be really convenient if StarWind could e-mail an individual in the event the my HA devices lose their synchronization status. One problem I recently experienced is that one of my nodes stopped synchronizing with the partner and I didn't realize it for three months. I have ESX setup to e-mail me alerts but it didn't because all paths to both nodes remained active.
Constantin (staff)

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, we are working on notification services and performance monitor, so they will be released in future versions. I can`t say for sure when exactly.
Max (staff)
Staff

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:28 pm

We're working on this functionality, StarWind will send you messages and notifications as soon as something happens.
We expect this to be available in the nearest versions.

PS: Great thanks for your feedback, this is the best way to know what's really needed :)
Max Kolomyeytsev
StarWind Software
Aitor_Ibarra

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:55 pm

It would be great start if the most important events were written to the Windows Application logs. In Windows 2008/Vista onwards, you can attach tasks to events, including emails. So if Starwind writes a specific error to the Windows log, Windows sends you an email. It wouldn't be as good as a proper notification feature in Starwind itself, but it would be enough to handle the basic requirements.

cheers,

Aitor
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Upcoming StarWind will have multiple log output facilities supported. Including SMS gate, e-mails and of course system log.
Aitor_Ibarra wrote:It would be great start if the most important events were written to the Windows Application logs. In Windows 2008/Vista onwards, you can attach tasks to events, including emails. So if Starwind writes a specific error to the Windows log, Windows sends you an email. It wouldn't be as good as a proper notification feature in Starwind itself, but it would be enough to handle the basic requirements.

cheers,

Aitor
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software