Support Policy? Bob Boule?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

darrellchapman

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 pm

As far as support goes, in the past I've always sent e-mails to Bob Boule but it seems that he has become overwhelmed by his workload and very rarely responds to e-mails. When I do get a hold of him he goes above and beyond to help us but getting a hold of him is the problem. As a matter of fact, he missed a scheduled upgrade of our StarWind HA Unlimited software back on 2010-08-15 and he has yet to respond to my e-mail sent on 2010-08-16. Is there anyone else available in support?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:47 pm

There are multiple support persons being paid for helping to our customers... Sending requests directly to anybody is probably the worst thing you can do (both to support person and yourself). B/c support@starwindsoftware.com requests are tracked, ticketed and supervised. Personal e-mails obviously are not... Person can create support ticket and can skip it. Please don't write directly to anybody inside the company unless you want to discuss real personal things (like weather in South Kansas, raw oil prices in Indonesia, Ukranian beer taste, NY stock exchange expectations in 2014 and so on). Thank you!
darrellchapman wrote:As far as support goes, in the past I've always sent e-mails to Bob Boule but it seems that he has become overwhelmed by his workload and very rarely responds to e-mails. When I do get a hold of him he goes above and beyond to help us but getting a hold of him is the problem. As a matter of fact, he missed a scheduled upgrade of our StarWind HA Unlimited software back on 2010-08-15 and he has yet to respond to my e-mail sent on 2010-08-16. Is there anyone else available in support?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

dmmattix

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 pm

In the same vein as this posting...

I posted a message to the support@starwindsoftware.com e-mail and Bob got back to me very quickly. We setup a WebEX to review a problem last Wednesday and that was the last I heard from him. He did not make the WebEX and I have e-mailed him repeatedly since then. I am being pressured to begin putting a system into production with an unstable Starwind installation.

I sent an e-mail to the support e-mail address this morning to ask for information on the status of my case and still have not heard anything.

Mike Mattix

Case: #00002564
Max (staff)
Staff

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:51 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to close this topic marking Anton's suggestion about writing to support@starwindsoftware.com
If you have got any support case unanswered by Bob Boule, please resend your last e-mail to support@.. putting your case number in the topic. This will be the most effective and fast way to resolve any issues.
I bring my apologies for the current situation and will do my best to get all the cases closed as soon as possible.
Max Kolomyeytsev
StarWind Software