Anyway to force a fast sync?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

that_kid

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:56 pm

So with my HA setup if I shut down one node I can do a fast sync but what about if I need to shut down both nodes or what if starwind crashes on one node and take the other node with it? At this point I have no choice but to perform a full sync which means my targets are offline until the sync completes. I have a 600 gig target and this takes a little while to complete it's full sync, even over a dedicated 1 gig link. So is there anyway I can have starwind do a fast sync in situations like these?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 pm

And how do you see "full synchronization" sequence if access bitmap is damaged? What do you think we need to copy? :)
that_kid wrote:So with my HA setup if I shut down one node I can do a fast sync but what about if I need to shut down both nodes or what if starwind crashes on one node and take the other node with it? At this point I have no choice but to perform a full sync which means my targets are offline until the sync completes. I have a 600 gig target and this takes a little while to complete it's full sync, even over a dedicated 1 gig link. So is there anyway I can have starwind do a fast sync in situations like these?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software