Few questions

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

codex

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi ,

I am currently evaluating Starwind using the trial as I have a project for a failover cluster with a requirement for redundant ISCSI (HA) storage.

After playing with the trial, it seems that auto sync after failure is disabled (greyed out) ? when creating a HA disk, also I was wondering what the situation with auto failover / failback is.

We need a setup where if one node goes down the shared storage is unaffected essentially and additionally where if the storage comes back online it doesn't require manual intervention (due to no alerts this may not be picked up immediately) - is this possible with the current production version of starwind ?

Can anyone shed any light on the above ?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 am

We'll re-enable autosync feature for production versions with V5.4 build expected to be released in the next couple of days. If you wish our techies can assist with enabling autosync in V5.3.5 for experiments / trial.
codex wrote:Hi ,

I am currently evaluating Starwind using the trial as I have a project for a failover cluster with a requirement for redundant ISCSI (HA) storage.

After playing with the trial, it seems that auto sync after failure is disabled (greyed out) ? when creating a HA disk, also I was wondering what the situation with auto failover / failback is.

We need a setup where if one node goes down the shared storage is unaffected essentially and additionally where if the storage comes back online it doesn't require manual intervention (due to no alerts this may not be picked up immediately) - is this possible with the current production version of starwind ?

Can anyone shed any light on the above ?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

codex

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 am

Is there a changelog for 5.4 yet ? as I am loathe to spend time testing something if there are many major changes coming in a few days.

Thanks
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 am

Autosync (release), cached HA (release) and heartbead cluster (experimental).

Could be more then a couple of days actually (just checked within our R&D team).
codex wrote:Is there a changelog for 5.4 yet ? as I am loathe to spend time testing something if there are many major changes coming in a few days.

Thanks
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

codex

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply, I have registered for the beta but had no response yet, any chance of getting an eval of 5.4 ?, I've been speaking with Alex via email but haven't heard anything back over the weekend and I'm wanting to push ahead with the evaluation as our project will be going into production early next month.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I'll make sure you'll get access to V5.4 RC...
codex wrote:Hi Anton,

Thanks for your reply, I have registered for the beta but had no response yet, any chance of getting an eval of 5.4 ?, I've been speaking with Alex via email but haven't heard anything back over the weekend and I'm wanting to push ahead with the evaluation as our project will be going into production early next month.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

codex

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks Anton !
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Nothing for yet :)
codex wrote:Thanks Anton !
Regards,