Cannot Start service after power failure

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

SurvBaseAK

Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 am

We had a fairly lengthy power failure today and I am now unable to start the service. Running server 2008 R2, and the latest of Starwind iSCSI free. When I try to connect to server through the console, or manually start the service, the system hangs and a reboot is required to regain control. The only error that I get is that the service failed to respond in a timely manor. Any help would be appreciated.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri May 21, 2010 11:25 am

Could you be so kind to let us review StarWind logs generated on attempts to start the service? Please zip the logs and send them to support@starwindsoftware.com or attach (rather then cut-n-paste in the message) here. Then we'll be able to tell what's wrong. Thank you!
SurvBaseAK wrote:We had a fairly lengthy power failure today and I am now unable to start the service. Running server 2008 R2, and the latest of Starwind iSCSI free. When I try to connect to server through the console, or manually start the service, the system hangs and a reboot is required to regain control. The only error that I get is that the service failed to respond in a timely manor. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software