StarWind iSCSI Target server vs Dell EqualLogic iSCSI SAN

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

zirigo

Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm

my question is the following:
My company has purchased a Dell EqualLogic SAN, the performance is below par and we have a truckload of latency in our SQL server performance.
I have suggested considering StarWind iSCSI Target software to improve the performance or replace the Microsoft iSCSI initiator to replace it with an equivalent (I don't know what it is) made by StarWind.
Am I correct in my analysis? any suggestion you can provide in improving our SAN performance?
Thank you
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm

1) You can replace MSiSCSI initiator with our StarPort. Product is free.

2) We'll have a product called StarWind Network Storage Accelerator and it will dramatically improve "alien" iSCSI target performance. You may apply for RC filling beta form and dropping us a message to support@starwindsoftware.com so we could discuss your scenario.
zirigo wrote:my question is the following:
My company has purchased a Dell EqualLogic SAN, the performance is below par and we have a truckload of latency in our SQL server performance.
I have suggested considering StarWind iSCSI Target software to improve the performance or replace the Microsoft iSCSI initiator to replace it with an equivalent (I don't know what it is) made by StarWind.
Am I correct in my analysis? any suggestion you can provide in improving our SAN performance?
Thank you
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software