Remote Monitoring of Synchronization Status

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

gbrendemuehl

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Is there a method for remotely monitoring the synchronization status (or receiving alerts when the status changes) without logging into the server and running the management console?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 pm

We're really sorry but for now it's the only way :( Upcoming versions starting from V5.5 and up to V6 are going to have rudimentary (initially) monitoring and alert reporting stuff. We know we should have this stuff for years but... Sorry about this!
gbrendemuehl wrote:Is there a method for remotely monitoring the synchronization status (or receiving alerts when the status changes) without logging into the server and running the management console?
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

sielbear

Thu May 06, 2010 4:52 am

Are any status messages sent to the event log? I would love to be able to parse event logs for alerts / warnings.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu May 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes of course. It's full of them actually :)
sielbear wrote:Are any status messages sent to the event log? I would love to be able to parse event logs for alerts / warnings.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

sielbear

Tue May 11, 2010 7:27 pm

I would love to get a list of some of the potential status messages sent to the windows event log. I could use Kaseya to parse / generate alerts and tickets on the various messages. That also makes it very easy to deploy starwind to remote clients. Is there a document that contains a list of alerts written to the event log?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Wed May 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Can you review the log you have? If you think the records there are "parse"-able we'll be happy to provide a description and template strings so you could hand-craft a solution for youself.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev