2 PC's: one of them see, another no.

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Russ

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Hello.
I've 2 PC's connected to middle home netword (~300 PC's). So, when i create remote iSCSI device on first (10.*.*.25, further - "1") on second (10.*.*.60, further - "2") it's seen normally, and i can work with it. BUT. When i try to do this contrariwise ( usin 2 as server) - Starport and Microsoft iSCSI Initiator just "don't see" it (standart message). And, yes, anyway i CAN connect from 1 to 2's server using starwind remote console, but no iSCSI connect in this direction, as i said...

No firewall installed on both pc's. Exceptions added for windows firewall (it's disabled too). Also disable in Windows 1394 fireware adapter on S (it was working, i thought it mixes interfaces). Also nothing... Systems fully optimized for it. The same OS (XP SP3) used, configured similary...

Port 3260 checked to be open both PC with nmap.

:?:

P.S. My PS's are connect to the switch by one cable which is seperated at the end (second PC use "reserve" "canal" of cable). Maybe in this can be the trouble?
Thanks in advance, Russ.
Constantin (staff)

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Please, zip your logs of StaRWind from both nodes, call it 1 and 2, and send as at support at starwindsoftware dot com with link to this topic
Constantin (staff)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Also please try to connect each machine to switch with it`s own cable, because the reason of your trouble can be too complicated network,
Russ

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Solved problem making VPN beetween PC's...
Constantin (staff)

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 am

Nice to hear, that you solved your problem.