Cannot register Starwind

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Davedough

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:30 pm

I have a fresh install on a Win2k3 box SP2, trying to register from the StarWind Management Console. I created a server and went into configuration, then registration and imported the licensekey.swk that I was given from support and it says Invalid License. Any help to point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to fix this? I cannot add any targets until I have it licensed.

(I tried to put this in the Starwind Free forum, but that forum was locked to me for some reason)
Jon-

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 am

Hello,

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem. Can't register the product. So far, not impressed.

By now, I'm guessing you've also tried the trial version -- did it work? I tried each one (free and trial), got both keys (one was 275 bytes, one was 395 bytes), have both binaries (though they appear to be the same file), and both failed to register using the appropriate key files. Tried registering and installing multiple times, all failed. Tried copy/paste the file contents into the lic. No matter what I enter for lic ID, it accepts, says it's registered, but it's not -- can't create any targets. Starwind V5 (binaries from download links in emails). win2k8.

Sigh.
Robert (staff)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Dear All,

Can you please email your license keys to support@starwindsoftware.com?

Also, do you happen to have Alcohol software installed? It is using StarPort, and therefore may be blocking the ports necessary for StarWind.

Regards,
Robert
StarWind Software Inc.
http://www.starwindsoftware.com