Starwind 4.1 Free Version...HELP

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

sbmsupplies

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Hello,

I have installed the free version of your product. I have created two LUN's to be seen by my ESX servers. I was woundering if its a limitation of the free version to only alow my ESX machines to see one LUN? But the Software would let me creat more then one.

I found were the free version is to alow 2 served hard drives but my ESX 3.5 only sees the one...

I am evaluating all ISCSI software apps and so far this one and iscsi cake are the ones we are looking at to implament in a small Vmware 3 PE2850's running ESX 3.5 and a PE 2600 running Windows 2003 SP2 Ent Edition along with Vmware infrastructor 3

Serving 20 VM's

Thanks for the help,

Mike
sbmsupplies

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:01 pm

I upgraded the server to SP2 and now nothing works. I am going to remove the StarWinds 4.1 and reboot and reinstall and see what happens....

I have even deleted the image files and recreated them.

Mike
Robert (staff)

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Hello Mike,

If the problem still persists after the re-installation, please send us the log files from C:\Program Files\StarWind Software\StarWind\logs to support@starwindsoftware.com

This is something that we should take a look at closer. Perhaps even do a remote desktop connection if you dont mind.

Thanks
Robert
StarWind Software Inc.
http://www.starwindsoftware.com