Testing StarWind/StarPort for my Internet Cafe .... but ...

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

NYCGPS

Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:28 am

Im testing Starwind/Starport for my Internet Cafe at this time ...

and I would like to enable the password part so no one from outside can access my Dvd-rw without my knownlege (at least harder?)

But, no matter what I do, I just cant get it to work, whenever I put something into the Starwind's "Permission" part, The Starport on the client side cannot connect. If I remove everything in Permission, Starport can connect without any problems.

Can someone please tell me how to do this ? I might did something wrong.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:21 am

I guess you've just configured the CHAP in the wrong way. Please send us your .conf files with pre-created SPTI share and CHAP permissions and CHAP settings you use from the initiator side. And we'll help :-)
NYCGPS wrote:Im testing Starwind/Starport for my Internet Cafe at this time ...

and I would like to enable the password part so no one from outside can access my Dvd-rw without my knownlege (at least harder?)

But, no matter what I do, I just cant get it to work, whenever I put something into the Starwind's "Permission" part, The Starport on the client side cannot connect. If I remove everything in Permission, Starport can connect without any problems.

Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

Val (staff)

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:25 pm

NYCGPS wrote:Im testing Starwind/Starport for my Internet Cafe at this time ...

Hi,

There was a bug in StarPort's CHAP authentification code.

Please download the recent versions of StarPort and StarWind from our site:

http://www.starwindsoftware.com/starport-download-free
http://www.starwindsoftware.com/download-free-trial
Best regards,
Valeriy