Does not show any available drives

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

specialops787

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Hello. I am attempting to use starwind to share my dvd/bluray drive to my netbook (no optical drive). When I go through the add device wizard and select SPTI device, it does not display any devices at all. I also get the same result when I choose the Disk Bridge option. No firewalls are enabled and the necessary ports are opened as well. Both computers have MS iSCSI software installed with the iSCSI service running.

Desktop: Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP1
Netbook: Windows XP SP3

Thanks for your help.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:02 pm

DiskBridge has nothing to do with Blu-Ray and iSCSI initiator has nothing to do on target side. Back to your problem - zip and send us back StarWind log from your target so we could find out why device enumeration fails.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

specialops787

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Yea, I was just saying that the Disk Bridge doesn't show any available hard disk drives. Just trying to give as much information as possible :). How do you want me to send the zipped log file?

[edit] from my quick glance at the log file it seems to be discovering my USB devices (Flash drives, multi-card reader) but not my hard drives or optical drive.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 pm

If you have the only hard disk you cannot export it. So this is normal. Back to why SPTI does not list Blu-Ray burner - find the most recent .log file in "Logs" folder after unsuccessful attempt to mount, zip and send to support@rocketdivision.com.
specialops787 wrote:Yea, I was just saying that the Disk Bridge doesn't show any available hard disk drives. Just trying to give as much information as possible :). How do you want me to send the zipped log file?

[edit] from my quick glance at the log file it seems to be discovering my USB devices (Flash drives, multi-card reader) but not my hard drives or optical drive.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

specialops787

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Sent it.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 pm

Kinda strange as we've got nothing...
specialops787 wrote:Sent it.
Regards,