startup automatically

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

flint

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:11 pm

When I restarted my xp pro machine, I have to manually connect to starwind. Is it possible to do this automatically with cmd-line options or services.

Thanks Flint
Val (staff)

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:25 pm

flint wrote:When I restarted my xp pro machine, I have to manually connect to starwind. Is it possible to do this automatically with cmd-line options or services.

Thanks Flint
Flint,

Which iSCSI initiator do you use? Our StarPort or MS initiator?

You can set 'Automount' flag for this device in the StarPort connection wizard and the device will be connected on the initiator restarts.

But current StarPort version does not support reconnection on remote part restarts. We're planning to add the mode in one of the next releases.

You could try MS initiator with StarWind for now.
Best regards,
Valeriy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:34 pm

I use StarPort, so ms initiator support reconnection on the remote side. I use that one. Hope that you have that option in Starport soon. Thanks for the reply
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:42 pm

Sure. Adding "dynamic disk reactivation" and "reconnect to the host went down" are the most important updates. Long waited by a lot of people :-)
Anonymous wrote:I use StarPort, so ms initiator support reconnection on the remote side. I use that one. Hope that you have that option in Starport soon. Thanks for the reply
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software