Where did all my disks go?

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

testuser

Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:09 pm

I installed StarWind x64 on a Windows Server 2008 machine and the initial setup when great. I was able to create a Windows Server 2008 cluster in no time. I then went to add another disk to the iSCSI target and upon reboot all of the disks that were setup are all gone.

When I go to add a device, I don't even get the option to use disk bridge, just two options are available. I'm not sure what has happen. How do I get the disks to come back?

It looks like I will have to uninstall and reinstall the software, but I'm hoping this is just a simple config somewhere.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Your 30 days of evaluation is gone so no DiskBridge for you any more.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

testuser

Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:37 pm

This all happend on the same day that I first started using. 30 days after install would put me in November sometime. Also, I downloaded the Personal version, that stated it was free. Is that not true?
Bohdan (staff)
Staff

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Hello,
When I go to add a device, I don't even get the option to use disk bridge, just two options are available.
I think this is bacause you have applied free personal license. Disk bridge devices are not allowed by personal license.
Please either unregister StarWind and continue trial (Unregister button on the Registration dialog) or use the device types allowed by the free personal license http://rocketdivision.com/download_starwind.html.

You may also contact our support team to get free NFR license for testing purposes only.