!Session 0x17, ScsiOp 0x28 - Reservation conflict.!

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

chaacbze

Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:48 pm

Hello Rocket,

I am currently trying your software by attempting to build a Microsoft 2 node cluster using a shared iSCSI quorum drive.

I can't seem to get my two nodes to both see the quorom or other shared drive after I start the cluster server installation.

The main error I see is a line that contains the following text "Session 0x17, ScsiOp 0x28 - Reservation conflict.".

I am using :

Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows 2003 R2 64 bit (host) and VMware workstation 5.5.4.

The target, both cluster nodes and AD are all in individual VMs (4) running Windows 2003R2SP2 (32bit).

Each VM has Vmware tools build 44386 installed.

-In the NAS VM, I am running the Starwind iSCSI target v3.5 (Build 20070809, win 32). It has a trial license currently set to unlimited and having 28 days left to trial.

I used mkimage to create two image files, [1] quorum and [2] shared data stor. I follow all Rocket instructions on this topic.

I have tried two configurations for the files [a] set asynchronous mode & allow multiple connections(clustering), the other time I just set "Allow multiple connections". Same result.

-On the Initiators, I installed Microsoft iSCSI initiator v2.05 (5.2.3790.3392) and configured them, as per your tutorial.

When I have the 2 NODES configured to see the NAS shared disks, Before I configure the cluster, both nodes seem to be able to see the shared drives.

-When I install the cluster service, I get one node up perfectly but when I configure the second node, the cluster analyzer says that the second node could not see the shared disk quorum resource.

It still sees the 2nd node over the heartbeat network so it all still comes up and runs. If I shut down NODE 1, then node two takes the disks and seems to work, BUT when NODE 1 comes back up, there is this problem with "Session 0x17, ScsiOp 0x28 - Reservation conflict" so NODE 1 never recovers visiblity of this disk.

Can you give me any advice?

My apologies for this long but hopefully clear post.

Kindest regards,

James
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:21 pm

Did you read our step-by-step configuration guide? :)
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

chaacbze

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:06 am

I read it, Of course, every word. ;)

I try to read after my 4 morning coffees, but I still have something amiss.

Can I send log file?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
James
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:12 am

If 4 coffees did not work of course you have to send us the log and backlink to this topic. I'll kick Bohdan to take closer look. Thanks!
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software